Give Your Recycled Rug Some Love
Purchasing a new rug is one of the easiest ways to freshen up the look and feel of your interior. Naturally you want an investment like this to last a long time. Here is some information to help you to understand your rug and keep it looking lovely for longer.
All our rugs are made with understanding and expertise. Either handmade by skilled craftsmen, or in a speciality manufacturing facility. All rugs are finished with care and are quality checked before shipment. Each type of rug needs specific care to ensure a certain longevity. The following simple facts will help you understand your rug.
Caring For Your Recycled PET Rug
Recycled PET rugs are very durable and don't need much looking after. We recommend vacuuming your rug frequently to keep it looking new for longer. However, avoid powerful heads and stiff bristles brushes as this can damage the rug. Shedding and piling is normal for recycled PET rugs, carefully remove any excess with scissors before vacuuming.
Spills & Stains:
Any spills should be dealt with as soon as they happen to prevent permanent stains on your recycled PET rug. Follow the below steps for the best way to treat the spill:
- Blot up excess with clean cloth or paper towel - do not rub as this can spread the spill
- Working from the outer edge of the spill to the centre, apply appropriate carpet cleaner with a clean cloth
- Pat with a paper towel and leave to dry
- Vacuum the rug
Rugs without a rubber backing need a rug grip to stop them from slipping and creeping! We recommend buying our anti-slip underlay which can be cut to the size and shape of your rug.
- Safety - No matter where the rug is placed (on carpet or hard flooring), a pad keeps the rug in place to prevent slips and pulls
- Longevity - Believe it or not, a rug grip extends the life of your rug by preventing the fibres from being crushed. The pad acts as a buffer between the hard surface below and the rug above
- Protection - Very important! A pad prevents dye transfer, marring, staining, and scratching to the floor or carpeting beneath
- Comfort - A pad adds extra cushiony softness underfoot
- Cleanliness - A pad allows for easier vacuuming as it holds the rug in position