Give your Easy Care rug some love
Purchasing a new rug is one of the easiest ways to freshen up the look and feel of your interior. Naturally you want an investment like this to last a long time. Here is some information to help you to understand your rug and keep it looking lovely for longer.
All our rugs are made with understanding and expertise. Either handmade by skilled craftsmen, or in a speciality manufacturing facility. All rugs are finished with care and are quality checked before shipment. Each type of rug needs specific care to ensure a certain longevity. The following simple facts will help you understand your rug.
Caring for your Easy Care rug
Our range of easy care rugs are highly stain-resistant, long lasting and will not grow mildew or fade when exposed to bright window light. Some of this range is suitable for outdoor spaces and they are all ideal for indoor areas with high-moisture content or where frequent spills occur. Our easy care rugs are ideal for high traffic areas, hallways, kid's bedrooms, playrooms, basements, conservatories and garden rooms.
Vacuum frequently to help keep your rug looking new for longer and prevent dirt that is on the surface of the rug from getting embedded.
Spills & Stains:
Any spills should be dealt with as soon as they happen to prevent permanent stains on your easy care rug. Follow the below steps for the best way to treat the spill:
- Spot clean immediately after a spill or if the rug gets marked
- Blot with a wet cloth to dilute the stain
- Follow with a liquid soap on a wet cloth
- Scrub until the stain lifts
- Rinse until all the soap has gone
- Hang to dry
Rugs without a rubber backing need a rug grip to stop them from slipping and creeping! We recommend buying our anti-slip underlay which can be cut to the size and shape of your rug.
- Safety - No matter where the rug is placed (on carpet or hard flooring), a pad keeps the rug in place to prevent slips and pulls
- Longevity - Believe it or not, a rug grip extends the life of your rug by preventing the fibres from being crushed. The pad acts as a buffer between the hard surface below and the rug above
- Protection - Very important! A pad prevents dye transfer, marring, staining, and scratching to the floor or carpeting beneath
- Comfort - A pad adds extra cushiony softness underfoot
- Cleanliness - A pad allows for easier vacuuming as it holds the rug in position